Mission and service teams are made up of between 5 and 20 members who register through their team leader.
In past Games, volunteers for Mission and Service Teams have been coordinated through existing mission agencies like Youth With a Mission, the Global Events Group, the Salvation Army, Ambassadors in Sport and others.
What will Mission and Service Teams do?
Mission and Service Teams are an integral part of the Games outreach. They are also a great opportunity for –
- Young adults to grow in their Christian faith as they work and serve together
- Those not so young to mentor and set an example to younger team members
- Serving water and food at Games venues
- Sharing in leading in sports clinics and holiday clubs
- Performing solo or as part of band, dance, or drama group
- Working with children and young people as part of the outreach programme of a local churchthey are assigned to
- Entertaining kids with face painting and balloon sculpting
- Trading Olympic and Paralympic pins (badges)
- Taking part in Torch Relay and Games community festivals